The Office of Disability Services seeks to assist UNCG Faculty and Staff in their interaction with Students with Disabilities.
What Are Technical Standards & Why Do We Need Them? (MS Powerpoint)
Faculty should include the following statement on syllabi:
Accommodations: UNCG seeks to comply fully with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Students requesting accommodations based on a disability must be registered with the Office of Disability Services in 215 Elliott University Center, 334-5440, http://ods.dept.uncg.edu/, email@example.com.
- Guide Dog Etiquette
- Advising Tips: When You Interact With A Student Who Has A Disability…
- Five Questions Faculty Ask
- Making Accommodations by Paul D. Grossman… (A MUST Read by Faculty!)
Link Library: General Websites on Working with Students with Disabilities
Accessibility makes resources and products that are well designed and implemented usable for individuals with disabilities.
- Curriculum Transformation and Disability, University of Minnesota
- Web Accessibility for All, University of Wisconsin
- Distance Learning Websites