UNCG will consider reasonable housing accommodations for students with disabilities. The deadline for requesting modified housing accommodations is the same as the deadline for the housing application. When the documentation shows that a private room is a necessary method of meeting the housing needs of a student with a disability, UNCG will consider exceptions to its general room rate structure unless doing so would result in a fundamental alteration to the housing program. In order for the student with a disability to be approved to receive a private room, he/she must provide sufficient documentation completed by a qualified professional addressing the student’s disability and their unique need for special housing accommodations.
- The student will indicate on the “Voluntary Disability Disclosure” form his/her intent to request housing accommodations and exception to the general room rate structure.
- A housing application must be completed and must be on file with the UNCG Housing and Residence Life office, located in Mendenhall-Ragsdale Hall. Housing and Residence Life may be contacted by phone at (336) 334-5980.
- In addition to following documentation requirements for the ODS, students must provide specific documentation from an approved clinician addressing the need for a single room.
- Each case will be individually evaluated with respect to the documentation presented and the accommodations requested.
- The intent to request housing accommodations that the student includes on the “Voluntary Disability Disclosure” form DOES NOT take the place of the housing application required by UNCG Housing and Residence Life.